It’s easy to fall into the trap of making our interviews all about the guest. Sure it means we get to tick the box that says “I showed up today”. But what value are we really creating for our listener?
In this episode, I’m going to show you how you can make your guests feel like a hero while helping your listener overcome a difficult challenge. The more helpful we are to our listener, the more they trust us. The more they trust us, the more they’ll want to work with us, buy our products, and join our communities.
- Structure your podcast interviews around a central question or problem that your listeners are facing.
- Use a condensed version of the Hero’s Journey to structure the interview into three parts:
- the guest, and how they discovered the answer to the listener’s problem
- the problem itself, going into more detail or discussing the challenges
- the listener: how they can apply what the guest has learned, to solve their problem